Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lost Coast Downtown Brown

Good evening beer lovers...


This isn't quite the video taste test that my buddy Jay has asked for (I'll get there Jay, I promise), but here's an "in photographs" version instead.


Today I am tasting (and photographing) Lost Coast Brewing's Downtown Brown.  This is one of my wife's favorite beers.  Lost Coast Brewing brews a cadre of great beers and Downtown Brown is no exception.

From Lost Coast Brewing (here- "A smooth, full-bodied nut brown ale,lightly hopped with a hint of roasted and crystal malts. This ale is dark in color without the heavy taste of porter or stout."








When pouring the aroma is very nice. The scents of roasted malts, toffee and coffee. 
Pours a medium brown with a small off white head. 

Downtown Brown has a smooth, nutty, malty sweetness that really dominates. Nice carbonation. Very little bright hop bitterness, which fades quickly. An excellent nutty malt flavor. Not heavy (as they state) and with an ABV of 5.0% you can enjoy a few - for those going for the long haul.


I almost always have Downtown Brown in the "beer fridge" and I'm glad I did for this taste test.  It had been a while since I've enjoyed one...and now it looks like I may need to go enjoy another.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment