Monday, August 22, 2011

Lost Coast Brewery Great White

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Lost Coast Brewery Great White. Great White is one of my wife’s favorite beers and I always keep it on hand. Although I don’t drink it all that often I figured I needed to review it. Lost Coast beers are always good so having a Great White (or two) isn’t a stretch for me.

From the Lost Coast Brewery website: “A crisp beer with a hint of citrus, made with two-row malted barley, unmalted wheat, a secret blend of Humboldt herbs, crystal clear mountain water and ale yeast.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a hazy orangeish golden color with a thin white head.
Aroma: Citrus with a hint of spice. Very pleasing aroma.
Taste: A wonderful blend of flavors. Citrus, spices, light malts and a bready finish. Crisp and fresh.
Overall: A refreshing beer, incredible drinkability. A perfect summer session beer at 5% ABV. For my wife, this is a four season beer. Well done (again) Lost Coast!

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment