Sunday, August 25, 2013

Bozeman Brewing Company Bozone Select Amber Ale

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

My family and I took an incredible road trip recently and with limited space in the vehicle I managed to bring home lots of beer - beer from Wyoming, Montana and Oregon (and several others I sourced while visiting those States).  I tried to only select beers that I couldn’t get locally and over the next few months I plan to review these beers. Tonight’s featured beer is Bozeman Brewing Company Bozone Select Amber Ale. I selected this as my first beer since Bozeman, MT hold a special place in my heart (personal reasons). I picked up a six pack at the brewery, but couldn’t stay to enjoy any of their other beers. We did enjoy their Plum St. Porter and Hopzone IPA while having dinner at Montana Ale Works (here).

From the Bozeman Brewing Company website: “The local favorite, this flagship light amber is all about balance, with medium body, a hint of hops, and a refreshing finish that leaves you beckoning for more.

Bozone Select Amber Ale is the flagship offering from Bozeman Brewing Company, made with Montana grown and malted Pale barley, as well as Crystal and Vienna malts. Hopped with a blend of Magnum, Columbus, Santiam, and a late kettle addition of Cascade hops for a pleasant aroma. This is a truly quaffable session beer.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a clear amber color with a nice off-white head and great lacing.
Aroma: Caramel, pale and toasted malts, citrus and pine hops.
Taste: Caramel, biscuit and toffee with just a slight citrus and pine hop bitterness.
Overall: Super easy drinking and very enjoyable, Bozeman Brewing Company Bozone Select Amber Ale is an excellent malt forward Amber Ale.  At 5.4% ABV I wish this was locally available as both my wife and I like it.  I only bought a six pack and I’m down to my last one.  I guess another trip to Bozeman is in order!

Cheers!

Mark Harvey


If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment