Monday, April 11, 2011

Lagunitas Maximus

Greetings and hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.


Tonight's featured beer is Lagunitas Maximus a super charged version of their standard IPA.  Let me start by saying I'm a huge fan of any and all beers brewed by Petaluma, CA based Lagunitas and Maximus is my go to IPA.  I always have it on hand and even though I drink many different IPAs I think this has to be, hands down, my favorite.  Everyone has their opinion and that's mine.
So, with that being said, let's see what they say about this beer on the Lagunitas website: "IPA Maximus: At the height of the heat in the heart of the summer, we felt the only cure was a raging mouthful of fresh Hops and Malt. Caution: May remove enamel from teeth."


Appearance : Poured nice bright copper/red with an off white head.
Aroma : Hops, hops, and more piney hops. Sweet smelling malt, citrus (grapefruit) with a hint of alcohol.
Taste Hops take center stage, but this beer is sweet like the smell. Well balanced with nice toasted malt and hops.  The floral and fruit shine through as well.
Overall:  As I said before, this is one of my favorite beers. For those who like Lagunitas IPA this one is bigger, badder and better (again, in my opinion).  


With an ABV of 8.2% you can get in deep with a few of these.  I've done it...


If you find yourself anywhere near Petaluma, CA  you need to go visit Lagunitas.  They've got all sorts of fantastic beers - ones I purchase regularly and ones that I plan to review in the coming weeks. 


"Beer speaks, people mumble"...


Cheers!


Mark Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment