Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pint Night - The Hop Yard San Ramon - Mad River Brewing Company

Greetings beer lovers,


Tuesday Pint Nights are back (for me that is)!  It has been some time since I've had a chance to visit The Hop Yard in San Ramon for a pint night.  It was a weekly ritual, but some family responsibilities came up and those kept us away....until TONIGHT!
I was excited to see a free Tuesday night on the calendar and even more excited that tonight the featured brewery was Mad River Brewing Company.  Check out their website to read their history.


Mad River Brewing Company makes some outstanding beers and tonight this is what I tried...
My first beer was Mad River's Jamaica Sunset IPA...from the brewer: "Sunset is a rich light copper India Pale Ale that features the finest spicy floral dry hopped character with a clean crisp finish."
Beer #2 was Mad River's Jamaica Red...from the brewer: "Our Jamaica Red is a unique malty red bitter ale. This mahogany hued ale brings an intense spectrum of hop flavors from the spicy aromatic to lingering bitter, all underscored by a full-bodied caramel richness."
My wife had a North Coast Brewing Company Scrimshaw Pilsner.
Overall I dug the beer.  The IPA wasn't super hoppy (and I like super hoppy, but this was nice) and the red was nice with the dinner I had.  We're always treated so well at The Hop Yard - like family.  My family REALLY enjoys going there - great food - great people - great beer! Can't wait for the next pint night!

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment