Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Do you like EVERYTHING you drink, Mark?

Good evening,

I get this question a lot.  No, I don't like every beer I drink, but as I've said before, I don't review beers I don't like.  This blog is about the positive promotion of beers I did/do enjoy.  I don't keep lists of beers I disliked and although I do photograph every beer I drink I just file the photos away without reviewing the beer if I don't care for it.

As a home brewer it would be disappointing if someone decided to write on their blog (or wherever) that they hated my beer.  I feel that if someone has gotten to the point where they're making their beer commercially available SOMEONE out there must have liked it enough (or lied to them) to prompt them to open up a brewery.  Everyone's tastes are different so my opinion is just that, an opinion.
I do enjoy many styles of beer and am open to drinking any beer I can get my hands on.  There are some breweries that are favorites of mine and so they may get a little more "love" than others.  There are beers I drink and like, but would NEVER buy again.  There are beers I want to have around all the time and don't drink enough of because I am drinking beers I have yet to review.

So if you ever find yourself wondering why every review on this blog is kind, don't wonder any longer.  I'm just not going to call out someone who has put their time and passion into something they enjoy just because I didn't enjoy it.  Someone out there must be and that's what makes the craft beer industry go 'round.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment