Thursday, August 2, 2012

Green Flash Brewing Company West Coast IPA

Hello beer lovers, Happy IPA Day and welcome to tonight’s last edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s final featured beer is Green Flash Brewing Company West Coast IPA.  After making a few trips down to San Diego I decided it was time to visit the Green Flash Brewing Company.  I had been urged to check them out by my friends at HopTech. For some reason I had not tried any of their offerings.  Perhaps it was the $9.99 price tag for a four pack.  Perhaps it was that there are SO many great IPAs out there.  I’m not sure, but one night on the way back to the resort I was staying at I had my wife pull into Green Flash Brewing Company for a set of quick testers.  This led to my purchase of two four packs and a Green Flash Brewing Company work shirt (yeah, some people think they’re lame, but I don’t care, I like ‘em).  I’ll review other Green Flash Brewing Company beers shortly as I’ve fallen for their beers big time.

From the Green Flash Brewing Company website:” A menagerie of hops is layered throughout the brewing process: Simcoe for unique fruitiness and grapefruit zest, Columbus for strong hop pungency, Centennial for pine and citrus notes and Cascade for floral aroma. A multi-dimensional hop experience.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a deep dark orange with a huge white head and sticky lacing.
Aroma: Big hop aroma – floral, pine and tropical fruits with a slight malt scent in the background.
Taste: Wow…tastes like the aroma – grapefruit, pine and floral hops dance around on my taste buds.  As I drink this I can’t believe this is my first time tasting it.  Incredible!
Overall: Well, thanks to HopTech and my visit to San Diego I have another favorite IPA.  Weighing in at 7.3% ABV Green Flash Brewing Company West Coast IPA is tremendously drinkable, balanced and hoppy and everything a top notch IPA should be.  Believe the hype and pick some up. You’ll be glad you did.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment