Tuesday, August 28, 2012

North Coast Brewing Company Blue Star Wheat Beer


Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is North Coast Brewing Company Blue Star Wheat Beer.  I thought I’d do another edition of “my wife’s favorite beers” and this is one of ‘em. North Coast produces some of the best beers around. I almost always have Blue Star Wheat Beer in the beer fridge since it is a go to beer for my wife and I like to have beers on hand that make her happy. 

From the North Coast Brewing Company website: “Brewed in the style of the American Craft Beer renaissance, Blue Star is unfiltered, the yeast adding a complex note to the flavor profile.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a cloudy pale yellow with a white creamy head.
Aroma: Smells like the perfect wheat beer with light fruit notes, citrus, yeast, sweet malt and wheat.
Taste: Crisp and sweet and balanced well – wheat and fruitiness. A perfect example of an American Wheat.
Overall: Smooth, drinkable and delicious, North Coast Brewing Company’s Blue Star Wheat Beer is fantastic and one of my favorite wheat beers on the market. At 4.5% ABV you can drink several of these in a summer session. I’m a huge fan of North Coast Brewing Company.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment