Friday, March 29, 2013

Jester King Craft Brewery Wytchmaker Rye IPA


Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Jester King Craft Brewery Wytchmaker Rye IPA. I was extremely excited when I saw this on the shelf at Mission Liquors in Fremont. I hope they make it a habit of getting Jester King Craft Brewery beers.

From the Jester King Craft Brewery website: “Earthy rye and piny hop flavor and aroma meet spicy, funky characteristics from our farmhouse yeast in this American-inspired farmhouse ale.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a hazy orangish brown with a huge off-white head and lots of sticky lacing.
Aroma: Spicy rye, citrus, tropical and pine hops and some bready malt scents.
Taste: Toasty and grainy malts, rye bread spice and sweetness, citrus and pine hop bitterness and a finish that’s caramel malt and a tad bit chocolate malty.
Overall: Crisp and smooth, Jester King Craft Brewery Wytchmaker Rye IPA is an amazing Rye IPA.  I found this beer to be incredibly drinkable and at 6.8% ABV the bottle was easy to polish off.  I had the chance to try Beer Geek Rodeo the Jester King/Mikkeller Collaboration Imperial Oatmeal Stout when I was in Texas and it was incredible.  Jester King Craft Brewery is yet another brewery I wish I could more often in NorCal.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey
If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment