Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Hard Cider

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beverage is Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Hard Cider. A buddy of mine brought this bottle over for me to try.  It had been quite some time since I've had a cider. Since it would seem that I am embarking on reviewing meads and cysers and I've made my first cider (just bottled on Sunday) I thought this wouldn't be too much of a stretch to review (although I won’t make a habit of it – this is a BEER blog after all).

From the Angry Orchard Hard Cider website: “This crisp and refreshing cider offers sweet apple notes up front with a subtle dryness at the finish for a balanced cider taste. A hint of Fuji apples adds a layer of complexity and brings out a fresh apple aroma and slightly sweet, ripe apple flavor.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a clear golden color with nearly no head…just a thin layer of tiny bubbles (insert Don Ho track here).
Aroma: Smells like sweet apples…this is an apple cider.
Taste: Sweet apples, a little tart, but balanced nicely with a slightly dry finish.
Overall: Sweet, tasty and refreshing, Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Hard Cider is nice.  At 5% ABV I’d be happy to drink this again if I ever needed a break from beer (yeah, right).  For those looking for a nice cider though try this one.  I liked it.  You might as well.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment