Monday, November 4, 2013

101 North Brewing Company Heroine IPA

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is 101 North Brewing Company Heroine IPA.  Taking a break from seasonal beers and beer sourced from my EPIC Summer road trip I thought I’d get around to reviewing this local beer that I had heard much about – tried – took notes on and thought I should support these folks by getting this review up.

From the 101 North Brewing Company website: “Immodest hop additions throughout the brewing process characterize this distinctive, amber colored NorCal fashioned India Pale Ale. With an ABV of 7.2% galvanized by a total of 64 *IBU’s, we were obliged to create an IPA that would distinguish itself as immortal amongst the common, and with an unforgettable name. We believe we have done just that. Heroine India Pale Ale. A pint of help is on her way.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a dark copper color with a nice off-white head and sticky lacing.
Aroma: Caramel and pale malts, citrus and pine hops and a touch of brown sugar sweetness in the nose.
Taste: Malt forward with caramel malts leading the charge, pale malts with citrus and pine hop bitterness balancing this one out.
Overall: Malty and hoppy, 101 North Brewing Company Heroine IPA is easy drinking and enjoyable.  At 7.2% ABV I would recommend trying this one to see if it fits into the rotation of great IPAs we have available here in NorCal.  I’d like to try it on tap and I’m sure to pick up another bottle at some point to see if it will fit into my rotation.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey


If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment