Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Maui Brewing Company Mana Wheat Ale

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Maui Brewing Company Mana Wheat Ale brewed with Pineapple Juice. I brought home everything that Maui Brewing Company cans from my recent trip to Maui and figured I’d start my reviews of their beers with this one.

From the Maui Brewing Company website: “An unfiltered, freshly handcrafted American-style Wheat infused with Maui Gold Pineapple. Our crisp and refreshing wheat ale is lightly hopped to allow the fruity sweetness of the pineapple to shine. The yeast stays in suspension making the ale traditionally cloudy.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a hazy golden color with a large white head and thick lacing.
Aroma: Wheat, banana, pineapple and slight clove.
Taste: Great upfront American wheat flavor, sweet pineapple and a slight hop bitterness. The pineapple isn’t overly sweet, but noticeable making this exceptionally tasty.
Overall: Refreshing and extremely drinkable, Maui Brewing Company Mana Wheat Ale is a beer that I plan on asking my local bottle shops to carry.  The nice lady at the brewery said it should be available on the mainland like their other flagship beers. I completely dig this 5.5% ABV beer and would recommend this to anyone who seeks an exceptionally refreshing American wheat beer.  I’d like to have this on hand as it pairs well with so many of the foods I enjoy.



Cheers!

Mark Harvey

If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment