Thursday, February 13, 2014

Fifty Fifty Brewing Company B.A.R.T. - Barrel Aged Really Tasty

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Fifty Fifty Brewing Company B.A.R.T. - Barrel Aged Really Tasty.  I’ve been a fan of this beer since I tried it at their taproom so when I saw that Caps & Taps (here) received this beer I promptly ran over there to grab a couple bottles.  I’m now wishing I had bought several bottles so I’m on the look out to source more of these. 

Commercial description: “Barrel Aged Really Tasty, every year it’s a different blend, for the 2013 version the blend consists of Totality Imperial Stout, Donner Party Porter and their Summit Barleywine, aged in Oak Bourbon Barrels for 180 days.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours very dark brown, nearly black with a slight tan colored head and spotty lacing.
Aroma: Bourbon, oak, vanilla, caramel, brown sugar, coffee, molasses and roasted malts.
Taste: Flavor follows the nose with bourbon, caramel, toffee, chocolate, coffee, vanilla, roasted malts, raisin, oak, brown sugar and molasses.
Overall: Over the top incredible, Fifty Fifty Brewing Company B.A.R.T. - Barrel Aged Really Tasty is amazing.  This 12% ABV is a beer to get your fill of when you find it. I only bought two bottles and now I am regretting not getting more.  If anyone knows where there’s a stash of this locally (Bay Area) holler at me.  I need more of this beer in my life!

Cheers!

Mark Harvey


If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

1 comment:

  1. Øl Beercafe & Bottle Shop in Walnut Creek has some. Cheers

    ReplyDelete