Monday, June 27, 2011

BridgePort Brewing Company Hop Czar Imperial IPA

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is BridgePort Brewing Company Hop Czar Imperial IPA. One look at the label and I knew I had to try this one. I was very familiar with BridgePort IPA and I’ve enjoyed quite a few of ‘em so picking up this six pack was virtually risk free.

From the BridgePort Brewing Company website:” BridgePort Hop Czar, an Imperial IPA brewed from our award winning IPA recipe, first introduced to rave reviews in 2008. It is a triple-hopped bottle-conditioned, Imperial-style IPA that carries a deep malt background with enthusiastic citrus and floral notes paired with high hop bitterness. The newest in our permanent 6-pack line, the Hop Czar recipe blends copious amounts of Nugget, Chinook, Cascade and Centennial hops.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours an orangish copper with a thin head which dissipates quickly leaving heavy lacing.
Aroma: Very fresh…a blast of hops…citrus, floral…spicy with little malt scents.
Taste: Fantastically balanced. Tastes like the aroma with citrus and a little spice and pine. Great hop flavor. Unlike the aroma there is a certain malt profile – caramel and biscuit that is very well done and enjoyable.
Overall: Not as malty as some others, this 7.5% ABV Imperial IPA is incredible.  I’ve enjoyed this beer so much that it has a permanent home in my beer fridge. I find myself picking up another six pack as soon as I drink the last. One can never have too many great Imperial IPAs on hand, right?

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment