Sunday, July 14, 2013

B. Nektar Meadery Evil Genius IPA-Style Mead

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beverage is B. Nektar Meadery Evil Genius IPA-Style Mead. So far I’ve completely enjoyed each of the B. Nektar Meadery offerings I’ve tried.  As part of the shipment I received from my friend in Michigan I made sure I requested this one as it sounded strangely interesting.

From the is B. Nektar Meadery website: “In an obscure industrial lair resides the man known only as the evil Dr. I.P.A. Using his hadron colider, hidden deep underground, he has conducted his most remarkable experiment to-date. The result is a perfect balance of honey and hops. But there are side-effects... His lab rats can't get enough of the stuff. And soon, neither will you. Introducing the Evil Genius. The big bang is no longer a theory, it's your reality.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours like a sparkling white wine – pale yellow with no head and tiny bubbles dancing in the glass.
Aroma: Honey and citrus hops.
Taste: Sweet honey mixed with citrus and floral hop bitterness.  Dry finish similar to wine.
Overall: A very unique offering, B. Nektar Meadery Evil Genius IPA-Style Mead is refreshing.  I completely enjoyed each 6% ABV sip of this.  Hops and honey are a marriage made by…well…an Evil Genius apparently.  I approve!

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment