Monday, November 18, 2013

Caldera Brewing Company IPA

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Caldera Brewing Company IPA. Caldera Brewing was my final stop on my EPIC Summer road trip and by the time I got to Ashland my car was PACKED with WAY too much beer, but I had promised the fine folks at HopTech Homebrewing Supplies (my local homebrew store – here) that I’d pick up some beer for them so I HAD to stop (OK, twist my arm) and I ended up buying EVERYTHING they brew.  Here’s my first review of the IPA that I was asked to bring back with me for my friends at HopTech.

From the Caldera Brewing Company website: “An American-style India Pale Ale brewed with plenty of body and an assertive hop profile.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a hazy deep copper color with a huge off-white head and leaves patchy lacing after each sip.
Aroma: Biscuit and sweet caramel malts, pine, citrus and mild floral hops.
Taste: Citrus and pine hops balanced nicely with sweet caramel and biscuit malts.
Overall: Clean and not over the top hoppy, Caldera Brewing Company IPA is solid.  This 6.1% ABV offering is an easy drinking IPA.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment