Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Maui Brewing Company CoCoNut PorTeR

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Maui Brewing Company CoCoNut PorTeR. I find myself day dreaming about Hawai’i with regularity. Being a West Coaster has so many advantages and one of them is being close to The Aloha State. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to visit the Maui Brewing Company at the start of this month and I'm glad I did.  I'm reposting this review with new photos since I'm a BIG fan of this brew.

From the Maui Brewing Company website: “Our CoCoNut Porter is a fresh handcrafted robust porter brewed with six varieties of malted barley, hops and hand-toasted coconut. It begins with a malty-toasted coconut aroma followed by a rich, silky feel with tastes of dark malt, chocolate and hints of coffee. It then finishes with flavors of toasted coconut and hoppy spice to balance the finish.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a deep, dark ruby brown with a tan head and nice lacing.
Aroma: Phenomenal. Coconut, chocolate and roasted malts and more coconut. Such a great smelling beer!
Taste: I’m a huge fan of coconut. Roasted dark malts, caramel, coffee and chocolate with a hint of burnt sugar. The toasted coconut flavor isn’t as dominant as the aroma would indicate, but it is there and it is SO good.
Overall: Smooth, rich, creamy and extremely drinkable I believe Maui Brewing Company’s CoCoNut PorTeR is probably one of the best Porters I’ve had in a long time. Certainly something I need to keep on hand for those times when I need to feel a little closer to The 50th State.

Aloha and Cheers!

Mark Harvey
If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment