Saturday, August 30, 2014

Tahoe Mountain Brewing Company Auld Bitch Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Tahoe Mountain Brewing Company Auld Bitch Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine. I picked this bottle up at Jane’s Beer Store in Mountain View, CA (here). They have a fantastic selection and I highly recommend visiting them if you find yourself anywhere near the area.
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours caramel colored with a large off-white head and great lacing.
Aroma: Sweet caramel and bready malts, bourbon, dark fruit, vanilla, toffee and oak.
Taste: Flavor follows the nose, sweet caramel and bready malts, bourbon, brown sugar, dark fruit, vanilla, oak and toffee.
Overall: Delicious and smooth, Tahoe Mountain Brewing Company Auld Bitch Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine is one of the best bourbon barrel aged barleywines I’ve had.  This 10.8% ABV offering is something I plan to find more of.  I wish I had purchased more than one bottle. I’m looking forward to trying Tahoe Mountain Brewing Company’s other offerings.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment