Friday, April 3, 2015

Lagunitas Brewing Company Olde GnarlyWine Style Ale

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Lagunitas Brewing Company Olde GnarlyWine Style Ale. I picked up this bottle at Cork 'n Bottle Liquors (here) in Fremont, CA. They have a great selection of craft beer as well as a number of beers on tap.  If you head into Cork ‘n Bottle tell them that Mark from NorCal Beer Blog sent you!

I believe I’ve made it very clear my love for Lagunitas Brewing Company.  Their beers are consistently stocked in my beer fridge and they are a staple for me.  I was very happy to see this beer again as I hadn’t reviewed it for my blog.
From the bottle: “The first sip is for thirst, the second one for pleasure. The third sip is for knowing, and the fourth is for pure madness.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a clear deep reddish amber color with a thick creamy tan head leaving tons of lacing.
Aroma: Sweet caramel, toffee, dark fruits, brown sugar, pine and slight tropical and citrus hop notes.
Taste: Sweet malts – caramel, toffee and biscuit, brown sugar, citrus, pine and tropical hop flavors, dark fruits and a slight bit boozy.
Overall: Sweet and smooth, Lagunitas Brewing Company Olde GnarlyWine Style Ale is delicious! This 10.6% ABV offering is exceptional.  I’ve purchased more of this to cellar (and drink more now).

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment