Friday, July 4, 2014

Evil Twin Brewing I Love You With My Stout

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Evil Twin Brewing I Love You With My Stout.  I picked up a four pack of this beer at Santa Clara Liquors (here).

From the Evil Twin Brewing website: ““When I copied the famous Even More Jesus, I had to ask myself as an artist, why am I doing this? I didn’t honestly know. It was just an instinct about beer as pure form… in a sense this stout is like a metaphor for freedom - the sum of all the beauty that surrounds me and my perfect contemporary existence.”
- Jeppe Jarnit-Bjergsø, Brewer and founder of Evil Twin Brewing”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours black with a thin brown head and spotty lacing.
Aroma: Roasted malts, chocolate, caramel, coffee and brown sugar.
Taste: Chocolate, roasted malts, caramel, vanilla and a slight coffee and hop bite in the finish.
Overall: Yet another winning beer, Evil Twin Brewing I Love You With My Stout is excellent – delicious – big – thick and rich.  This 12% ABV Imperial Stout is one of my favorites.  I need more.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment