Sunday, November 11, 2012

Drake's Brewing Company Echo Lake Pale Ale


Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Drake's Brewing Company Echo Lake Pale Ale. 

I've been a long-time fan of Drake's Brewing Company and when I saw this offering at Mission Liquors  (here) I was shocked that I hadn't heard of this one. So needless to say I picked one up!
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a rich copper color with a fluffy white head and sticky lacing.
Aroma: Refreshing scents of East Kent Goldings and Cascade hops dominate the nose – pine, citrus and biscuit malts.
Taste: Citrus and pine hop bitterness with a great malt backbone. The combinations of Crystal, 2-row and Caramalt with the East Kent Goldings and Cascade hops really make this beer delicious and refreshing.
Overall: I completely enjoyed Drake's Brewing Company Echo Lake Pale Ale.  Balanced well and very drinkable, at 5.2% ABV I could put a couple bombers away without noticing. I plan to pick more up…well done Drake’s (again).

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment