Saturday, March 23, 2013

Ska Brewing Company Steel Toe Stout


Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Since I am going to see The Specials tonight I thought I should feature a beer that would go along with my Two-Tone roots. Tonight’s featured beer is Ska Brewing Company Steel Toe Stout.

From the Ska Brewing Company website: “Milk meets its maker. It’s as though a cow stared into the face of God and as God told it the meaning of life we grabbed its udders and squeezed out a bucket.
This traditional English Cream Stout is brewing with actual milk sugar to create a creamy and sweet brew.  Jet-black in color, the latte frothy head will make you mooo for more”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours nearly black, with no head and thin lacing. Could have been the airplane flight from Phoenix...
Aroma: Toasted and roasted malts, chocolate, caramel, lactose, coffee and vanilla.
Taste: Flavors follow the nose – rich and creamy milk and semi-sweet chocolate, coffee, roasted and caramel malts and a mild hop presence.
Overall: Balanced and incredibly drinkable, Ska Brewing Company Steel Toe Stout is delicious.  At 5.4% ABV I wish I had more than one and wish I could get Ska Brewing Company beers here in the Bay Area. I recommend this one.

Cheers!
Mark Harvey
If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment