Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Mammoth Brewing Company Yosemite Pale Ale

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Mammoth Brewing Company Yosemite Pale Ale (also labeled as Paranoids Pale Ale). When I visited Yosemite the weekend after the 4th of July I picked up a few Mammoth Brewing Company beers that I had yet to try (or review).  Since most of their beers don’t make it to the Bay Area so I was happy to see such an excellent selection of their beers. This is the second of the string of reviews.

From the Mammoth Brewing Company website (and this is the description for Paranoids Pale Ale): “This is a classic American pale ale, featuring a piney citrus hop nose, a full malt body and a clean bitter finish. Paranoids is named after a double black diamond ski run on Mammoth Mountain; the slope is flat… only on a 40 degree angle!”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a clear golden honey color with a nice white head and nice lacing.
Aroma: Bready, toasted and caramel malts, honey and citrus.
Taste: Malty upfront with bready, toasted and caramel malts followed by light pine and citrus hop bitterness.
Overall: Super approachable and solid, Mammoth Brewing Company Yosemite Pale Ale is easy drinking and delicious.  At 5.5% ABV I could see drinking a few of these and would love to.  I only brought one bottle back with me so it looks like I need to source this (or Paranoids Pale Ale).  So far everything I’d tried from Mammoth Brewing Company has been excellent.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment