Sunday, August 11, 2013

North Coast Brewing Company ACME California Pale Ale

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is North Coast Brewing Company ACME California Pale Ale. It always surprises me when I realize that I have yet to review a beer from a brewery that I like a lot.  Tonight I will add this one to the fold and I plan to review a few other beers I’ve neglected to review from breweries that make my list of favorites. My wife is a big fan of this beer which is what led me to purchase this latest six pack.

From the North Coast Brewing Company website: “This easy-drinking Pale Ale revives the name of one of the early icons of California brewing. Clean-tasting and pleasantly malty, Acme Pale is brewed with Yakima Valley hops, American two-row malt and British specialty malts for depth.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours an orangish gold color with a large off-white head and excellent lacing.
Aroma: Citrus and slight pine hop scents, toasted and bready malts.
Taste: Pale, toasted and biscuit malts, light citrus hops and toffee.
Overall: Crisp, clean and not overly hoppy, North Coast Brewing Company ACME California Pale Ale is incredibly drinkable and one that I completely enjoy.  At 5% ABV this is an excellent session beer and since it is more malt driven than hop driven it is a beer my wife loves (bonus). Yet another beer to keep around in the beer fridge.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey


If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment