Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Company Half Dome California Wheat

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Company Half Dome California Wheat. I visited Yosemite the weekend after the 4th of July and picked up this beer along with a few Mammoth Brewing Company beers that I had yet to try (or review). I hadn’t heard of Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Company, but I was looking forward to trying this one.

From the Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Company website: “Half Dome is a zestfully refreshing wheat ale brewing with San Joaquin Valley-grown lemon and orange peel to make a uniquely crafted unfiltered session beer.  A blend of two distinctive wheat ales, along with local fruits and exotic spice, gives our Half Dome the signature of an ideal California Wheat.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a hazy, but bright yellow with a thin white head and spotty lacing.
Aroma: Wheat and bready notes, clove, banana, lemon peel and orange peel.
Taste: Like the nose with the lemon and orange peel up front, wheat and bready malts, slightly sweet, cloves and banana are in the background, but noticeable.
Overall: I completely enjoyed Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Company Half Dome California Wheat.  The initial fruitiness makes this 5.3% ABV beer extremely easy to drink and refreshing. I bought two bottles, but I’m wishing I had bought more.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment