Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Phoenix Ale Brewery Camelback IPA

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is The Phoenix Ale Brewery Camelback IPA. This is another beer that I brought home from my trip to Phoenix, AZ.  There’s no commercial description available for it, but you can visit The Phoenix Ale Brewery’s website here.
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a dark caramel color with a decent off-white head and spotty lacing.
Aroma: Toasted and caramel malts, citrus and floral hops. Smells like a British IPA.
Taste: Caramel and toasted biscuit malts, pine and citrus hops.  Malty aftertaste. Flavor reminds me more of British IPA than an American IPA.
Overall: The Phoenix Ale Brewery Camelback IPA, weighing in at 6.1% ABV,  is much like an English Pale Ale bordering on an IPA.  That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy it, I did.  Since I'm accustomed to more hoppy offerings I was expecting something that didn’t happen.  I would drink this again.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment