Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rubicon Brewing Company IPA


Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Rubicon Brewing Company IPA. I enjoy travelling and getting a chance to pick up beers not available in the Bay Area.  I picked up this gem on a trip to Lake Tahoe.

From the Rubicon Brewing Company website:” Generous portions of Cascade, Columbus and Chinook hops are added throughout the brewing process to create Rubicon’s Flagship Ale. Golden in color with an assertive hop bitterness. This beer won gold medals at the Great American Beer Festival. A true American Classic.” 
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a burnt orange with a nice fluffy white head and good lacing.
Aroma: Citrus, pine and floral hops with some biscuit malts lingering in the back.
Taste: Nice hop presence – grapefruit, citrus and pine with a nice sweet malt backbone.  Well balanced and delicious.
Overall: I very much enjoyed Rubicon Brewing Company’s IPA from start to finish.  I wish I had picked up a few more bombers of this one.  At 6.5% ABV I could’ve been good for at least another in this session.  Next time I see this one I’m picking some up.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment