Monday, August 20, 2012

The Pike Brewing Company Tandem Double Ale

Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is The Pike Brewing Company Tandem Double Ale.  After trying this beer in Seattle back in May of 2011 I knew I had to find a way to get some here in NorCal.  I finally found a distributor that carried it and now I’ve got a few bombers in my fridge of this excellent beer.

From The Pike Brewing Company website:” Rich, round, & complex with flavors of fruit, freshly baked bread and treacle. Monks originally marked double ales with 2 †s. Our Double is named for the Finkel's bicycle.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a reddish brown with a nice cream colored head and good lacing.
Aroma: Roasted, caramel and chocolate malts, dried fruits, coriander and slight hop presence.
Taste: Caramel malt, toffee, dark fruit and Belgian yeast.  Faint citrus hop flavor. Sweet and delicious and a bit nutty.
Overall: Almost exactly how I remembered it (on tap), The Pike Brewing Company’s Tandem Double Ale is very good and one worth seeking out. At 7% ABV it is a beer I could drink regularly if I had the option.  For now, I do and I will cherish the bottles I have in my possession. I hope I can get my hands on more of these as this is a beer I'd like to have on hand all the time.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment