Monday, September 17, 2012

Speakeasy Ales & Lagers Big Daddy IPA


Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Speakeasy Ales & Lagers Big Daddy IPA. 

From the Speakeasy Ales & Lagers website: “No lightweight, Big Daddy I.P.A tips the scales with a huge hop flavor and a clean, dry finish that leaves the scene without a trace.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a liquid gold color with a nice foamy head and sticky lacing.
Aroma: Floral and citrus hops and a hint of malt sweetness.
Taste: Crisp and clean citrus and floral hops dominate followed by a bready and sweet malt back end.
Overall: With so many great IPAs on the market I certainly wasn’t looking for another one to add to my list, but Speakeasy Ales & Lagers’ Big Daddy IPA is a solid offering that I would welcome in the beer fridge any day.  At 6.5% ABV it is right in line with some of my favorite IPAs. I suggest you pick some up and try it if you have yet to.

Cheers!

Mark Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment