Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dogfish Head - Victory - Stone Saison du Buff


Hello beer lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beer is Dogfish Head - Victory - Stone Saison du Buff.  I’ve been enjoying the collaboration beers that Stone Brewing Company has been churning out. 

Read about the beer on the Stone Brewing Company blog (here).

Or just watch the video:



Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a lovely pale golden color with a big foamy head and wonderful lacing.
Aroma: Wow!  Herbs galore – sage, thyme and rosemary are huge in the nose.  Citrus hop notes and a distinct Belgian yeast scent also present.
Taste: Herbs and spices at the front followed by a nice malt balance and citrus hop finish. The rosemary, sage and thyme flavors are big, but not what I expected.  I love it.
Overall: Impressive.  The Dogfish Head - Victory - Stone collaboration Saison du Buff is crisp and clean and probably perfect with a meal (I didn’t drink this with a meal).  Although I completely enjoyed this 7.7% ABV beverage I don’t know how often I’d put one in the beer fridge.  I think this might be something I’d want to have on hand with a meal in mind, but I’m glad I tried it and would recommend that you do as well.  Who knows, maybe you’ll want this to be YOUR go to beer.


Cheers!

Mark Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment