Sunday, October 13, 2013

B. Nektar Meadery Black Fang

Hello adult beverage lovers and welcome to another edition of the NorCal Beer Blog's brew review.

Tonight’s featured beverage is B. Nektar Meadery Black Fang…Honey Wine with Blackberry, Clove & Orange Zest added. I wanted to have this review drop on October 13th for a number of reasons.  I’ll try to review Halloween-esque drink options as we near the 31st.  I was very happy to learn that B. Nektar Meadery was shipping to California and when I learned that Royal Liquors (here) was carrying it I rushed over to purchase this bottle along with an assortment of other fine beverages.  If you’ve not visited Royal Liquors in San Jose, you should.

Commercial description: “A lightly carbonated, semi-sweet mead made with wildflower Honey, blackberry juice, cloves and orange peel.”
Let’s get started!
Appearance: Pours a reddish pink/purple color with tiny sparkling bubbles on top.
Aroma: Cloves upfront with blackberry, orange and honey.  Like sweet smelling incense.
Taste: Starts sweet with blackberry and honey, a touch of vanilla and then finishes with a very strong clove and orange zest presence.
Overall: I completely enjoyed B. Nektar Meadery Black Fang (as did everyone I had try this the night I reviewed it).  Although the clove presence looms large in this 6% ABV Mead, I loved it.  The touch of orange in the finish really rounds this one out and this is a perfect drink for the month of October and beyond. I’m glad I bought a few bottles!

Cheers!

Mark Harvey


If you haven’t already, please like the NorCal Beer Blog on Facebook (here)

No comments:

Post a Comment